Batch# 20 – I Eat Danger For Breakfast Stout
I got the recipe for this ridiculously named beer from here and converted it in beersmith to look like this. I converted liquid extract to dme, and brought the projected OG into line with the recipe projected OG. Beersmith was calculating the og about .010 lower than the recipe called for, so I bumped it up by that amount. We ended up .010 over, so beersmith must have been off. Oh well.
For our 100th gallon we wanted to make something a little out of the ordinary. This thick, strong stout with coffee, chocolate and a bit of smooth oatmeal flavor will hopefully be a good cellaring candidate and have a coming out party toward the fall. It’s a bit over the top, since it has all of the big stout buzzwords, but it’ll hopefully be tasty.